On the radar ...
On November 4th
- The Florida Water and Land Conservation Amendment - that dedicates funding for water and land conservation, management and restoration by amending the state constitution. Click here for details!
Join a Field Trip!
9/13 - Lettuce Lake, Beginning Birding
9/13 - Shell Key Preserve, Pinellas Cty
9/20 - Westshore Sanctuary Cleanup
10/11 - Lettuce Lake, Beginning Birding
10/11 - Eagle Watch Workshop
10/12 - John Chesnut Park, Palm Harbor
10/18 - Oscar Scherer State Park - Myakka River State Park
(Check out the 2014-2015 Tampa Audubon Field Trip schedule now up on the Field Trips page!!!)
Birdy News & Events
- Florida Keys Hawkwatch 2013 Fall Count Totals
- Read about Ann Paul and Mark Rachal's work with hooked birds in these two articles: "Seabirds' lives on the (fishing) line" and "Light but lethal, stray fishing line takes toll on seabirds" (Tampa Bay Tribune/tampabay.com).
- Florida Breeding Bird Atlas Codes - A video that describes the codes you must use when reporting for the Florida Breeding Bird Atlas project.
See the 2014 End of Season Eaglewatch Nest Report. Best wishes to our eagles and juveniles far afield! We look forward to seeing you all back in the Fall!
- Learn about upcoming events at Circle B Bar Reserve. You can also sign-up for their e-newsletter.